Thursday, June 18, 2015

Harry Potter...

Picture credit
We decided to watch ALL 8 Harry Potter Movies this week. I have never seen movie 7 part 2 which is kind of hilarious in a way because we watch all the movies about twice a year but, somehow I have missed out on seeing 7.2.

Anyways... It was nice to sit as a family (my toddler included) watching movies and eat snacks and just have a nice time of it.  My son loved the magic parts of the movie and every time it was scary he ROARED at the Telly as loud as he could to scare the scary things away. He loved the dragons as well; he is a dragon lover. All in all great family fun.

We had planned to start another series of movies (I voted for The Hobbit followed by The Lord of the Rings) however, we were all so emotional over the end of Harry Potter we have decided to wait to put ourselves through another emotionally wrenching marathon.

With all the nice things being said about the togetherness of watching the movies I can now say why I am happy we only watch them 2 times a year. I am an avid reader I love to read. I have read all of the Harry Potter books more than once (I am probably going to start them over here in a minute too) because I love them so much. That is why the movies are slightly painful for me to watch. I understand fully that they will always have to leave things out of the book when they make a movie but, to leave out so many key points and then to blatantly change things so that they don't even match the book makes my blood boil.

Pretty much all of The Deathly Hollows part 2 annoyed me to my core. Yes, there were several things that were exactly as they were in the book but as a whole I found there to be more discrepancies than any of the others and maybe it is because the scenes that they changed were some of my favorites that I noticed so much. I do not understand why they have to fundamentally change the movie from the books from about Movie 3 on up they had stayed so close to the books for the first 2 movies I expected that from the remaining 6.

I love the movies for what they are and try to take them at face value but, sometimes it just irks me that they seemed to have never read the book before creating the script.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will delete comments that are rude or inappropriate. Please be respectful to not only me but, fellow commenters.