Saturday, July 7, 2012

Beach Trip

Oceanside, Ca.
Yesterday I went to the beach with my mom we had lunch at the end of the pier in Oceanside at a restaurant called Ruby's. Ruby's is fashioned after a 50's diner and they have some awesome shakes and burgers. My mom got a regular cheese burger and a Shirley Temple Shake which she shared with me since they bring that silver shake container out with the glass =). I got their GoFit™ Lean Veggie Protein Patty as the meat on my Santa Fe Cheeseburger it was actually pretty good I couldn't even tell the difference between it and an actual hamburger. No, I am not becoming a vegetarian by any means I am just watching my calories and trying to make good choices with as many foods as I can which is why I can honestly say that the GoFit burger was better than any veggie burger I have ever had.

Anyways we finished lunch and walked the pier watching the men, kids, and a few women fish. We also watched people surfing and since Oceanside is so, close to Pendleton (marine base) we got to see lots of Marines. I love it down in Oceanside because people are so laid back and calm just kind of going with their lives as best they can and I always meet such friendly people on the pier. I always say Thank you to our men and women in uniform for their service and I love the smiles they get from just those simple words. Even the Punk @$$ Kids seem more respectful there saying "Excuse me Ma'am" etc. Maybe I am just lucky and run into the nice people when I go but, hey I don't care it gives me a nice day out with my mom and it makes her happy.

We decided to drive up the coast and go to another of my favorite beaches. Man was that a mistake. It seems leaving San Diego county meant leaving civility behind too. We hit awful traffic and people were being jerks we ended up not even stopping at the other beach and just getting back on the freeway to come home where we sat in Traffic from 2:30pm until 5:00pm. I ended up laying down in my seat with my feet on the dash because it was the only way to get my back to stop screaming in pain. My mom ended up with a humongous headache and was cranky but, she said her day was not ruined and she was thankful that I took her to Oceanside. However, we will not by traveling up the coast anymore we will only go further south from Oceanside further into San Diego lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will delete comments that are rude or inappropriate. Please be respectful to not only me but, fellow commenters.