Monday, February 24, 2014

Food Journal...

 I am writing this while I finish off a bowl of coco roos just thought everyone should know that lol. 

Anyway to my point I have started up my food journal again. I actually started a new one because I forgot the password on my old one but that is beside the point. I want to lose weight and get back into shape and I don't mean round. I have this beautiful son who needs his mom to be able to run and play with him because he doesn't have a dad to do that. I know so many people hate doing a food journal or counting calories but, really with some of the apps they have out there these days it is so easy. I have tried Fooducate and MyFitnessPal I like both quite a lot. I just really enjoy myfitnesspal better and I think that is because it links to my workout app MapMyFitness. I still use fooducate though but, not for the actual journal I use it to look up foods to see how good they are for me since they do rate the food that they have in their database. Both of these food journals are able to scan a barcode and tell you the food and both will ask you to input information if the bar-code isn't in their system. If you don't feel like putting in all that information you can just do a search for the food and look through what has already been put in the database and see which entry matches what you have. It does all the math for me for my workouts (Calories burned) and how many calories I take in. MyFitnessPal tells me how much weight I will lose in 5 weeks at the end of each day when I complete my diary which I like too. I don't care if I actually do lose that amount but, it is nice to see that I am on the right track with what I am doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will delete comments that are rude or inappropriate. Please be respectful to not only me but, fellow commenters.